Thursday 18 October 2012

K T King

Author of: Always There



Book blurb:

Is there a limit to how much friendships can endure or are true friends always there?

Kelly and Jake are the vision of a perfect relationship. Laura, Rachel and Mike are their closest and oldest friends, always lending an ear and giving a helping hand. One fateful day, tragedy strikes and Kelly and Jake's positive future is torn from their hands. Is everything really lost or is there still hope?

As an introduction, could you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I was born in 1981 in South Wales where I live with my son and two dogs. I am a single mother and work part time at a local hospital. I love horse riding, reading, writing and spending time with my son.

What is your book about?

It's a story about a group of friends who have known each other most of their lives and a tragic event threatens to tear their friendship apart. They experience love, loss, betrayal and hope as they battle through the tough times they face.

When and why did you begin writing?

I was interested in writing at a very young age. I would sit in my bedroom and write stories for my eyes only. I was fourteen when I attempted to write my first novel. Unfortunately circumstances at the time prevented me from completing it. It wasn't until I was twenty seven that I started to write Always There. I began writing because I found it therapeutic and enjoyed it. It's something I have always wanted to do and will continue to do so as long as I have the use of my hands.

What genre do you prefer to write in?

Always There and my current work in progress are both Fiction Drama so I guess that must be my preference. I am hoping to branch out into other genres in the future.

What is your biggest writing achievement to date?

Always There is definitely my biggest achievement because it is the only one I have published so far.

What inspired you to write this book?

The birth of my son was my main inspiration and personal circumstances that followed his birth have also played a part.

Who is your favourite author, and what is it about their work that strikes a chord with you?

I don't have a favourite, there are too many brilliant authors out there to choose from. If a book can keep me turning the pages and stop me from doing anything else, it's a good one.

What book are you reading now, and would you recommend it?

Their Newborn Gift by Nikki Logan. I am enjoying the book so far, but I don't feel I have read enough of it to make a recommendation.

What are your current projects?

My current project is A Time to Let Go which I am hoping to release before Christmas. I also have a few other ideas floating around for future projects.

Where and when do you do most of your writing?

I do most of my writing in my living room during the afternoon or the evening.

What would you say was the hardest part of writing your book?

I found the hardest part was deciding when the book was ready to be published.

Who designed your book cover – and was the cover something you deemed important?

My sister and her boyfriend designed the cover. It was very important to me and I was impressed with the end product.

Did you try to go down the route of traditional publishing first – or did you feel that self-publishing was right for you from the beginning?

I did try traditional publishing at first but I wasn't aware of the Kindle and print on demand companies at the time. When someone mentioned them to me, I researched them and decided it was the best route for me to take.

On the whole, how have you found self-publishing?

It is a lot of hard work but worth it in the end.

Where can we buy the book?

Paperback and e-book versions are available on Amazon.

Do you have a website or blog where we can keep tabs on you?

I have a website and a blog. My website address is www.ktking.co.uk. My blog address is www.ktkingsblog.blogspot.co.uk

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Keep writing, even when you feel like giving up.

And, finally, do you have anything else that you’d like to say to everyone?

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported my writing. I appreciate each and every one of you. I hope you enjoyed reading Always There as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment